X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding FX effects?

I really want to be able to open, edit and create new FX for Assault Squad and the only program I can find to do this is FXEditor which was made a while ago for the original Men of War I believe.

Here is a video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3u89AlTwE

Unfortunately I cannot get it to work with Assault Squad (anyone else tried it?) and wondered if there is another similar program that would do the same job?

I was inspired by watching this video of effects that were made for Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVTXfrjEP_E

However my attempts to port the new/replacement files into Assault Squad only had limited success, some worked but most were greeted with this error message:

Attachment

Any ideas what it means or how to fix?
    Attached Files

Comment

Really interessting effects. But im afraid i can't be of any help
      AS really could use some more interessting effects, specially the 40mm auto cannon shells when they hit the ground.

Comment

i believe the only way is to use this program with Men Of War.

Comment

LOL i want port the same mod Gepanzert Faust xDDDD, i used the FXeditor in assault squad for all my shooting effects, only copy the info of the effects(assault squad) into the FXeditor

Comment

Originally posted by Chakal16 View Post
            LOL i want port the same mod Gepanzert Faust xDDDD, i used the FXeditor in assault squad for all my shooting effects, only copy the info of the effects(assault squad) into the FXeditor

Could you please explain how to do this?

Thanks

Comment

i.e: open the FXeditor and open a effect (flash effect or others), in assault squad open a effect copy all the info and paste(overwrite), the effect in the FXeditor

Comment

AS has poor effects. It should be improved.

Comment

I wouldn't say totally poor, they just need some improvement. I am currently working on an FX explosion mod which simply uses the enormous numbers of FX effects included, but not actually used in the game.

It could be argued the effects in Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2 were smoother and these modded explosion FX from this mod are fantastic and would make a fine addition to Assault Squad when/if I manage to port them

Comment

I have permission from Dinsen for port the FX mod, but im testing and not good results

Comment

OK not totally poor but due to the perfection of some features in AS (like the new tank models) I guess the evelopers has total ability to make the effects a lot better.

The company of heroes developers announced that there is a new title for it comming, probablu russians or japanese faction, that makes me very excited because it is a game that I really love specially because of the explosion effects and infantary movement.

Actually, explosion/fire effects and infantary movement are the only two features that COH has better than MOW.

In general ways, COH is sh...t if compared with MOW, but we still need these 2 improvements here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chakal16 View Post
                        I have permission from Dinsen for port the FX mod, but im testing and not good results
                        Same here. May I ask what results, if any, you have achieved whilst testing?

Comment

Originally posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
                          OK not totally poor but due to the perfection of some features in AS (like the new tank models) I guess the evelopers has total ability to make the effects a lot better.

The company of heroes developers announced that there is a new title for it comming, probablu russians or japanese faction, that makes me very excited because it is a game that I really love specially because of the explosion effects and infantary movement.

Actually, explosion/fire effects and infantary movement are the only two features that COH has better than MOW.

In general ways, COH is sh...t if compared with MOW, but we still need these 2 improvements here.
                          What features exactly would you like to see in an FX mod for MOW:AS?

I already have some great ideas but if you can think of any thing specific then speak up

Comment

infantary movement talks by itself, just take a look in company of heroes.

As for effects, what about more fire, less smoke, and blur effect for fire, like also in COH. The fire effects in MOW are poor, except or the new ones that came with AS.

Comment

After trying several times I've finally had some success with porting Dinsen's FX Mod into Assault Squad, take a look at the video and see what you think.

Regards, Gepanzert Faust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8LQ...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                              X