Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, 2.35 fixed the issues I was having... Mission plays great, Good work once again mate.....

Comment

My new mission/skirmish is released - [Japan] Banzai, this is first of my "wild-pack" mod package that will feature total overhauls of dlc2 script with new features/objectives on custom maps.
      -Visit >First Post< for info and download links. Enjoy, if you find issues let me know!

http://www.sunsetparkmotel.com/cuih/...g/11banzai.jpghttp://www.sunsetparkmotel.com/cuih/...g/22banzai.jpg

Comment

You are a champion DJSatane, thanks heaps for making another fantastic mod and cheers again for the GSM mod addition that allows us to play with GSM 6.
        Cheers Spot

Comment

Tnkz DJSatane great mission!!

Banzaii!!!

Comment

Thank you DJSatane, you give reason for all MOWAS devotees to rejoice !

Comment

Really good mission as usual.

Comment

I have just updated [Japan] Banzai (2.03). Updated links are on >First Post<. Small map rock fixes, Kamikaze plane now vaporizes itself as the pilot detonates once he is at his target and its quite powerful. Basilone inventory altered to account for some minor bugs.

Comment

Just heads up...

I did realize that the way I setup the mission folder the mission will only show up in single player under Japan is if someone beat all previous missions in single player for Japan. I will correct this in next update and from now on all missions will show up first and without requirement for others to be won. For now though you have to use the altered game_progress.set file to access the mission under Japan for sure if you want to play it in single player mode.

Download this and place it: http://cuih.dyndns.org/mowas/now/game_progress.set into \My Documents\My Games\men of war - assault squad\profiles\>youruserprofile<\ folder. Remember to backup game_progress.set just in case.

In case you cant find it and you have Windows 7, its under "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\men of war - assault squad\profiles\YOURUSERPROFILE" where USERNAME is your username you use for windows 7, if you have installed for all users it could be something like Public or Default. CHeers
                  Last edited by djsatane; 23-08-2012, 07:40.

Comment

I have released my own 5 Bonus missions from MoW conversion to MoW:AS that takes full advantage of MoW:AS etc. You can find download links on >--First Post--<.

Conversion changes:
                    - All missions have added support for heroic difficulty, those where it makes sense have static fog on heroic.
                    - Player soldiers for the most part all carry morphine & sandbag kits.
                    - Player Health base value based on difficulty.
                    - Some units/vehicles were changed since they did not exist in MoW:AS.
                    - For the most part AT guns and Tanks inventories altered for support of APCR since MoW:AS supports it.
                    - Blood mod included based on GSM 6.71 mod.
                    - Full coop support of course, few missions script tweaked for better timing of coop autoassignment.
                    - Minor script changes/fixes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    SPECIAL: If you want to see all missions in single player skirmish menu without beating each to access next:
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Included in same folder as this readme is a file called "game_progress.set".
                    1. Simply place this file under "My Documents\My Games\men of war - assault squad\profiles\[YOURPROFILENAME]"
                    2. Backup your original game_progress.set if you have some saved games you still continuing.

After install this mod, when you open the skirmish menu, you will find missions under Bonus button. Click on it to access the missions.
                    In multiplayer these missions will list under Skirmish/Cooperative section.

CREDITS:
                    - Best Way, 1C, DMS - Men of War bonus missions/maps.
                    - DJSatane - conversion of script/maps to work properly on MoW:AS.
                    - Special thanks to Mopar.

Comment

Originally posted by djsatane View Post
                      I have released my own 5 Bonus missions from MoW conversion to MoW:AS
                      - Full coop support of course
                      Oh Happy dayz DJS!!! something new almost every week,, you Da' man!! :-D

And the COOP is essential of course ;-)

Thank you for your efforts once again!

Comment

New skirmish released - [Germany] Afrika "road to Safi" - Chemaia, 70 miles east of Safi, Morocco 1943. You play as Germany leading a counter attack in Morocco after Allies captured Safi port during Operation Torch. You must annihilate Allied forces in the open Sahara desert near Chemaia, success will open road to retake Safi Port.

-Visit >First Post< for info and download links. Enjoy, if you find issues let me know!

Some pictures from this skirmish:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DJSatan...43756329288454
                        http://steamcommunity.com/id/DJSatan...43756312466082

PS This skirmish was originally made for a custom new map "safi port" but I ran into a lot of problems with the map not working in coop and only working in single player mode so was forced to scratch that plan for now, but I wanted to release the skirmish script so used a modified rustle of sands map.
                        Last edited by djsatane; 06-05-2012, 00:30.

Comment

Hi DJSatane,

I played your "Banzai" map last night and completed it pretty quickly on hard. Bit surprised, you appear to be a very experienced map maker and know the tricks, maybe it was just luck on my behalf. Anyway if you are revising it, or want some feedback, here it is: (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Ready?

1. If you work clockwise from the start position, capturing the left, middle left and top left positions first, you can pretty much avoid the worst until last. I stunned the Rambo-a-like with an AT grenade and finished him off with a machine gunner, then took his guns and went up the cliff overlooking the top-left position, and had fun killing Americans.
                          2. A Sherman (or was it a Scott?) came at me, but it went for my Rambo on the hill, and was easy to pick off with an AT nade.
                          3. I then stole the sniper rifle from the top left position, and used that to pick off the troops in the AT gun where the officer is based.
                          4. After that it was pretty straightforward to kill whoever I liked, I had AT men and a AT gun up at the top left because I anticipated that would be where the attack would come from.
                          5. I captured the remaining flags with infantry, I had no chi-has, APCs or whatnot.
                          6. The paradrop of Americans was a shock, and I loved the glider breaking into bits. But you know what is missing? A Banzai countercharge to attack them. I was expecting some help, and none came. I can't believe a mission called Banzai has no banzai attacks. The kamikaze plane is too expensive for what it does.

I do love Jungle maps but if I was to edit it (if I knew how) I'd have larger reinforcements, have far more counterattacking enemy troops, and also up the MP for each flag capture a bit, in order to justify sending far more enemy at me. I'd also, if I could, have AP mines laid by the American troops just as a bit of fun. (Anyone remember punji pits in the Amiga game "Cannon Fodder" ?)

Just my opinion, I completed it a bit early and was surprised...

**** END SPOILERS ***

Comment

Massive thx for the latest Skirmish DjS,, Afrika "road to Safi" is cool,, really happy that people are still out there making skirmishes,,, im starting to get the itch for mapping again!!! :-)

Comment

herrflick thanks for input!

Yes I thought about adding banzai for it but kinda decided that I may bring that to another skirmish since this one was pretty much filled with enough action. I prefer to stick to a smaller skrimish formula like DLC2 because this game has some restrictions on memory etc when it comes to multiplayer/coop and if I start to make a large scale skirmish with all kind of stuff and script its easy to run into problems especially if people play on ultra texture settings. I plan to do another jungle mission or skirmish in future with banzai rush definitely included. As for Kamikaze I think its usefull for stationary targets but yea its just a bonus feature not really necessary to the mission. As for mines I am currently working on dlc2 style skirmish on custom map "bog" made by vashyo where boxes all around the map will include mines and a road in middle will have plenty of random traffic from now and then, so mining it could be fun.

A little preview of bog war skirmish(work in progress and flags were not set at the time of the pic): http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...64780BED643C6/
                              Last edited by djsatane; 10-05-2012, 02:04.

Comment

New skirmish/mission released - [Germany] Koropove - Fall 1943, Koropove, Russia - South of Kharkov. DLC2 mission/skirmish overhaul on a brand new map. You must first secure the area and then stop BM31 rocket artillery convoy from reaching front lines. Rumor is russian have one of those old heavy t-35 tanks around too...

Some pictures from this skirmish:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...935A6A3F9D9B8/
                                http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...23DD80FB025EE/

That release also includes 4v4_Bog mod which is same map as used for the skirmish(Made by Vashyo) but with support for assault zones or combat. Its 1.1 version of that as well, Vashyo did some tweaks over original.

PS regarding GSM compatibility
                                -Currently this mission/skirmish may not be compatible with latest version of GSM but I plan to fix that in few days.

for anyone that downloaded 1.1 version please delete it and get 1.2 version of koropove, I had to fix ammo bug with pz2c and victory trigger..
                                Last edited by djsatane; 25-05-2012, 15:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X