Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
MOW Custom SP missions ported to MOWAS ( Latest Patch Needed ) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akrapovic View Post
    Thanks a lot for your work Mopar!
    Thanks mate, your support is appreciated.....

GP 1 would have to be my favorite mission i have ported....

I managed to get GP 2 to play without crashing ( in MOW and MOWAS ) but i had to turn all graphic detail in video options to lowest settings play the game for 1 hour and kill as many enemy as i could to reduce their numbers then increase graphics quality and it played well after doing that... ( MOW and MOWAS versions ) - Even MOW has trouble with so many entities in the mission.....

I'm planning to do my own variation of German Power maps for Rus,Usa,Eng,Jap.....

Comment

German Power Map 2 for MOWAS testing in progress

I'm playing through German Power 2 map at the moment, What an epic mission, I decided to wipe the soviets out first on low detail settings and then switch back to ultra detail to tackle the Americans and British.....

Make sure you plan base defences, A whole swarm of spetznaz just tried a sneak attack ,,, After capturing soviet engineer truck I can now build mines at my base entrance.....

Thuroughly enjoying this mission ( shame about having to play on low detail though )...

Comment

I cported the MOW ger camo sniper skin to MOWAS

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4...camosniper.jpg

Hi All,

Just showing some progress on my side projects...........

Any comments appreciated.......

Comment

I have made german power 1 work in coop as far as starting soldiers being assigned and reinforcements, however there seem to be some other issues, ai gets stuck on map edge on right side behind river and it causes major lag. The 2 wooden bridges break down easy and ai has problems with paths on them, this causes lag too, we had some gdc32.dll crash eventually. The mission is pretty cool and I like idea of points from killing inf. If I have more time I will try to fix up some of the pathing issues by maybe giving it wider bridges and concrete. Also some locaziations are missing like for that german arty panzer etc...

Comment

Thanks for info djsatane

Originally posted by djsatane View Post
            I have made german power 1 work in coop as far as starting soldiers being assigned and reinforcements, however there seem to be some other issues, ai gets stuck on map edge on right side behind river and it causes major lag. The 2 wooden bridges break down easy and ai has problems with paths on them, this causes lag too, we had some gdc32.dll crash eventually. The mission is pretty cool and I like idea of points from killing inf. If I have more time I will try to fix up some of the pathing issues by maybe giving it wider bridges and concrete. Also some locaziations are missing like for that german arty panzer etc...
            Thanks for the info mate and great work , Yeah, i havent got around to fixing the localizations issues yet, German Power 2 is way better than 1 but too many entities/ game objects for it to be stable...

PS: I have played 1/4 way through GP2 ( mowas ver ) on lowest detail settings, all good so far..... ( most players will refuse to lower their detail settings just to play it though so i'm undecided as to what to do )

I found a setting for entity manager.set that may work... I'm experimenting now... Setting affects non mp games...

also fxmanager.set may yeild results by limiting certain things..... ( such as effects, explosions etc )

Comment

entitymanager will help a ton especially if u limit broken wrecks, shellholes etc how many will stay at once... i know there is also in script setting that multiplies value in that file by like 0.5x etc I believe. One thing you could do if in that mission things spawn such as enemy forces is add a check for when enemy entities are past 400 they cant spawn... not sure about all ways to help though, but you may also go through the map itself and lower polygon count any large flat areas you can.

Comment

entitymanager will help a ton especially if u limit broken wrecks, shellholes etc how many will stay at once... i know there is also in script setting that multiplies value in that file by like 0.5x etc I believe. One thing you could do if in that mission things spawn such as enemy forces is add a check for when enemy entities are past 400 they cant spawn... not sure about all ways to help though, but you may also go through the map itself and lower polygon count any large flat areas you can.
                Thanks mate, I will give your suggestions a try and see if I can make GP 2 less crash prone...

If you load GP 2 in editor you will see 4 armoured trains with carriages, 3 armored barges, I thought about a selective delete via editor to remove some objects that are just over the top and many others are just static scenery ( eg. tanks under tarps / covers ) and all the de mining tanks which the AI dont use to clear mines anyway ( as far as i know anyway )

Comment

1 New MOW custom SP mission by Rollonleviking

Hi All,

Battle Of Narva ( MOWAS ver 2.0.11 ) is up and on first page of this thread....

This mission / map uses winter skins and is a another great mission by rollonleviking.....

Comment

Took a bit of work but I have converted Battle of Narva for coop.
                    http://cuih.dyndns.org/mowas/club/Ba...rva_coop_dj.7z

The only things I latered were script and map file (to make max height a bit higher for camera cause was a bit too low for all those hills). I havent fully tested it but it should all work in coop. difficulty flags have been added too so it acts with static fog on heroic etc... I did add few medics with each half track etc...

Whoever made this mission(rollonleviking?) put a lot of work!

Comment

Took a bit of work but I have converted Battle of Narva for coop.
                      http://cuih.dyndns.org/mowas/club/Ba...rva_coop_dj.7z

The only things I latered were script and map file (to make max height a bit higher for camera cause was a bit too low for all those hills). I havent fully tested it but it should all work in coop. difficulty flags have been added too so it acts with static fog on heroic etc... I did add few medics with each half track etc...

Whoever made this mission(rollonleviking?) put a lot of work!
                      Thanks for your efforts and work mate, Yes rollonleviking has done 5 MOW missions / maps, All of which are extremely well done......

Since Narva ported better than i expected I will have another look at his other missions and port them also.....

He also did untersee boot which i ported a few months ago.....

RE: Entity manager. did you know there is a command to detect if a game is not mp and use different settings... I will send you an example later to have a look at.....

Comment

Yes, you can actually have seperate entitymanager file where anything with mod "mp" will only work if its mp mode I saw this from mow, however I am not 100% sure whether mod "mp" counts in coop or whether it strictly refers to the mp vs mode where a lot of the script dont work for skimirsh.

Comment

Yes, you can actually have seperate entitymanager file where anything with mod "mp" will only work if its mp mode I saw this from mow, however I am not 100% sure whether mod "mp" counts in coop or whether it strictly refers to the mp vs mode where a lot of the script dont work for skimirsh.
                          {entitymanager
                          {group "dead" actor dead
                          {remove dissolve}
                          (mod "mp" {limit 12})
                          (mod not "mp" {limit 600})
                          {entity "human"}
                          }

{group "broken" gameentity
                          {limit 1000}
                          {remove dissolve}
                          {DeadVehicles}
                          }

{group "piece" gameentity
                          {limit 2000}
                          {remove dissolve}
                          {entity "piece_big_steel"}
                          {entity "piece_large_steel"}
                          {entity "piece_medium_steel"}
                          }

{group "stuff" stuff
                          {remove dissolve}
                          (mod "mp"
                          {limit 18}
                          {tag "shell"}
                          )
                          (mod not "mp" {limit 2000})
                          {tag "weapon bullet"}
                          {tag "grenade"}
                          {tag "missile"}
                          {tag "sharp_edge"}
                          }

{group "equip" stuff
                          {remove dissolve}
                          (mod "mp" {limit 12})
                          (mod not "mp" {limit 2000})

{tag "field_glass"}
                          {tag "head"}
                          {tag "body"}
                          }
                          {group "shellhole" gameentity
                          {limit 2000}
                          {remove instant}
                          {entity "grenade_shellhole"}
                          {entity "grenade_at_shellhole"}
                          }
                          }

(mod not "mp" is the interesting part, I tested this setting on German Power 2 and it didn't appear to work, I didn't see anything dissolve or fade away.... Any thoughts ????
                          Last edited by Mopar; 04-04-2012, 11:34.

Comment

I am sure someone knows for sure but I think mp refers to the mp vs mode itself and not sp or skirmish/coop mode. But yes those settings do work and I have use various numbers for some mods, i dont recommend anything as high as 600 for dead bodies etc... because this engine does not use memory that well and u will eventually crash.

Comment

I am sure someone knows for sure but I think mp refers to the mp vs mode itself and not sp or skirmish/coop mode. But yes those settings do work and I have use various numbers for some mods, i dont recommend anything as high as 600 for dead bodies etc... because this engine does not use memory that well and u will eventually crash.
                              Cool, thanks for info... I found that file in a FX mod for MOW and MOWAS called TY's FX mod, on MODDB

What settings would you suggest for German Power 2 map ????

Should I start with 100 corpses and go from there ???
                              Last edited by Mopar; 04-04-2012, 12:45.

Comment

No.... look at original file in mowas (inside gamelogic.pak) entitymanager.set under set look at the defaults and if that map is very intense then I suggest cutting down things like shellhole and piece, 100 corpses is fine if u know someone is playing with monster pc with a lot of memory but that will crap a lot of people out in coop if the mission is already quite intense(a lot of enemy or player entities and map entities). As for fx manager the stuff there is less hurting on memory i believe, except maybe for the tracks. I generally use a rule that if a map is smaller than regular dms skirmish and has same or less player+enemy entities then I sometimes increase wrecks and corpses a bit off the defaults by like 10-20, if a map is way maller such as dlc 1 then I jack it up even more. But if you are starting to get into larger scale such as dlc1 or above then I wouldnt touch those and maybe even reduce some less important stuff. For single player mode it doesnt matter that much but for playing coop it matters big time based on what I have seen. You should also check for how many enemy player entities are on map at same time such as if its above 450 then u may wanna block from any more spawning or something along those lines.

the script itself, f3 mode has even its own entitymanager multiplayer such as 0.5x 1.x and I think if that setting is turned off then entity manager doesnt even kick in.... i maybe wrong but thats what I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X