• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold War Mod

The king tiger is no longer king!!!

Check out this gameplay footage that my friend ultimateflashpoint made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfIIdX6xPNM

We are working to get the mod entirely translated soon. The video had just enough translated to be able to understand most of the unit names. We have so far been able to use all units, tanks, helicopters, and weapons without error, even though it was designed for MoW1. I use the latest version of MOWAS to play on. The mod is originally Russian but its not too challenging to get everything redone. Here are the DL links below.

The translation is pretty well done for the moment but there are still some things that need hammered out. The detailed unit descriptions have not yet be translated but the units names and such have been. We searched all over for some unit and weapon names and were unable to find them in the localization files. If anyone has an idea where they might be located elsewhere in the folders we would love to know.

Original Files:

Patch:

Enter the verification code and click ??????? to download.

English translation:

When the mod is installed, delete the localization pak and replace it with the downloaded, unzipped localization folder.

English translation:

When the mod is installed, delete the localization pak and replace it with the downloaded, unzipped localization folder.

Translation for mission 1:

Place the base-1 localization txt in the localization folder of the mod. Then place the base-1 folder in the single maps folder and delete the base-1 pak file
    Last edited by GeneralJ927; 04-06-2012, 18:33.

Cool, I mean COOL, damn it!!!
    There's a campaign!

As far as I understood it's some sort of an "open beta" or so it says on that forum page you've linked here. So I'm surprised it even seems to work, though "imperfections" are there as well. Well, that's what people make beta-tests for!
    Last edited by ShtoormoVick; 13-05-2012, 05:40.

Comment

video looks fantastic! cant wait for the english release as i cant navigate through the forum to find the download link.

but a modern war in MOWAS time frame is way too far. i hope someone can make some mods for the in between periods from WW2 to Vietnam incorporating many of the blueprints and cancelled tank programs.

Comment

According to them it is still open beta but it is surprisingly stable. I spawned and used almost all the units with no errors whatsoever. As far as imperfections, I guess the only thing I could take note of is that some textures aren't of the highest quality. The Abrams has kind of a bad texture for example but all the infantry are very detailed and well done. I did try loading the campaign and it crashes due to some items that were removed from MOWAS in previous patches. I'll see about fixing them. I do have to say that I am loving the helicopters. They are absolutley kickass!

@coalminer

I posted the direct DL links so all you have to do is enter the captcha code and click the DL button. It was hard finding my way through but definitey worth it.

I actually like the idea of MW in MOWAS but I would prefer a huge map to play with. I am going to increase the battle tank ranges to 180 given the size and power of the cannons on them. I moved an Abrams to max range of a T-90 and smoked it with one shot from the front, which means ranges are way too close right now. I am going to do as much work on this to get it up to snuff with AS as I can, but I am also working on other mods as well so it will take a while. I am going to try to make a mission that works ASAP so people can get a feel for most of the content in the mod and have some huge battles.

Comment

do i need the patch and stuff? when i clicked it earlier it brought me to a russian forum

precisely because a huge map is needed and most of the things are 1 shot kills for the tank battles. this may be flame bait but i sometimes like to see some of the project tanks/fake tanks from world of (fake) tanks, like paper projects, early war tanks.

the early war tanks and minor participants like french, italy and the likes would be fun. since they did have some pretty interesting stuff there.

nevertheless great effort put into the mod, i will definitely get it as soon as i can.

Comment

Originally posted by coalminer View Post
            do i need the patch and stuff? when i clicked it earlier it brought me to a russian forum

precisely because a huge map is needed and most of the things are 1 shot kills for the tank battles. this may be flame bait but i sometimes like to see some of the project tanks/fake tanks from world of (fake) tanks, like paper projects, early war tanks.

the early war tanks and minor participants like french, italy and the likes would be fun. since they did have some pretty interesting stuff there.

nevertheless great effort put into the mod, i will definitely get it as soon as i can.
            Yeah, you need both the main mod folder archive, and the patch (you'll have to specify your mow.as directory, not the mod folder itself, during the installation of the patch). These both are in the first post of that forum.

Quite a campaign, I must say, and with a storyline as well (though, it seems, it's incomplete at the time being) - got beaten the living sh!t off me for two times, and still can't get past 2/3rds of the first missions :_(. That didn't stop me from playing two other missions though

Tons of weapons, ammunition and equipment, nice skins, though you gotta keep in mind that this mod is originally made for "Men of War" game, and the compatibility with "Men of War. Assault Squad" is only added recently (so it is written in the link provided by the topic-starter), and thus infantry (faces) looks a bit "un-smooth" in close zoom.
            The only units I found to be truly malfunctioning were helicopters, or I just have no clue how to handle these.
            Last edited by ShtoormoVick; 13-05-2012, 08:04.

Comment

Sorry I really would like to play this mod but its totally bugged i cant do nothin.
              If I click any unit in the Editor there is a Crash if I want to load a map there is a Crash,if I want to try the multiplayer there is again a crash nothing works for me, I got the latest patch and installed the mod patch but as said I just got crashes.
              I really looked Forward to this mod :/
              TheOldMonkeyman
              Last edited by TheOldMonkeyman; 13-05-2012, 13:47. Reason: spelling

Comment

Can't say anything about the editor, but I've played all three skirmishes (to the point I was ripped apart by the enemy), and launched a lan game successfully and without any crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShtoormoVick View Post
                  launched a lan game successfully and without any crashes.
                  Even that didn't worked for me.. sadly..
                  TheOldMonkeyman

Comment

Thanks, I've wanted cold war mod to be able to work on MOWAS

Comment

Helicopters are a bit of a pain to use. You have to double click to get the heli moving, press spacebar, then DC and press S to get it in the air.

@Monkeyman

Your patch didnt install correctly or you aren't running 2.0.11 MOWAS. I would extract both CW mod and the patch to desktop in different folders. Then cut and paste the CW mod to your mods folder, then after that cut and paste the patch folder over that and overwrite everything.

Comment

i still cant get it to download. it leads me to a screen asking me to install some bar of some kind. can you help upload it to mediafire or gamefront?

Comment

After you type in the numbers, uncheck the box for the "Yandex" bar and then it will install

Comment

Thank you!VERY GOOD MOD!!
                            After trying several things i realised that the patch.exe ddind't installes the patch right.Anyway, everything works fine now!
                            Thank you a nice mod you made there!
                            TheOldMonkeyman

Comment

i patched the mod and i have the latest version but it still crashes when i load the first mission

Comment

Working...
                              X