X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -R, comment "noob" - I received for my work, ha,ha,ha,ha

This forum should seriously be improved with a single detector for idiots.

Lemi
    Last edited by Lemi; 14-03-2013, 19:22.

Comment

• HI Lemi
      When we can expect new misions updates.
      and thx four your great work .
      Your misions are the best.Thx again!

Comment

• Hello miroadolf,
        To finish Stalingrad map I need one week, and I need for two more weeks for mission, I can not make earlier.

Regards
        Lemi

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemi View Post
          Hello miroadolf,
          To finish Stalingrad map I need one week, and I need for two more weeks for mission, I can not make earlier.

Regards
          Lemi
          Thanks for the quick reply.Your missions are worth the wait.

Comment

• hi Lemi, i played rots and its very challenging, you have done a very good job. Men of War has flesh and bones with such missions, where strategy will win the day.
            iam very happy about your decision to make a mission about stalingrad. I think this battle has been forgoten all along. from a historicall point of view, i believe that this 6month battle was the most ferrocious in all times and it turned the tide of war. Ofcourse, i would still like to play as a german in this battle (although they were encircled and lost), and i hope that you can make more than one mission about stalingrad. "The city of snipers".

Comment

• # miroadolf, hans_vebel

Thank you guys !

The map "Stalingrad - right flank" is almost complete. I was left with the northern part of the map (there will be located 5 Russian artillery guns,one of yours tasks), trees, bushes and some ground cover.
              This is not the original map, because in Google Earth I have no option to go down to the ground, only able to watch the city from a bird perspective.
              So I combined five images from Google Earth in one and little of my imagination.
              I hope you will not be disappointed.
              With this map I want to introduce a point of contact German and Italian army during the battle of Stalingrad, so you will play with both, Germans and Italians.
              Second map "Stalingrad - take the position" still in progress, but hans_vebel give me the great idea.
              I'll probably do two or three maps with Stalingrad because I want to finish Normandy campaing with 12 ZZ division with Falaise pocket, and after I will return to Stalingrad campaing.

Regards guys
              Lemi
              Last edited by Lemi; 31-03-2013, 08:50. Reason: delete picture

Comment

• hi Lemi
                I see that theres a good map coming on , and will we be able to also controll the Italians units?
                I think its a really good idea to make two or three maps with Stalingrad.

Thank you for your work

Regards
                Miroadolf

Comment

• very good news about making a second or third map about stalingrad.

from what i understand you will reenact the right flank, when the russians encircled the germans -italians - roumanians. so it is not going to be a battle in the city itself but around it. ok. i hope the second mission takes place in the city, in urban environment, that would be cool.

like in the real battle, you have the opportunity to plan many senarios, i.e. germans trying to take red october factory, or the russians are attacking the central square of stalingrad (with the statue of kids around a crocodile), shouting urraaaaaaaa, and the germans are dig in the shopping centre. another idea is giving the player the objective, using major Koning (the famous sniper) to kill a soviet officer or spoter, or maybe Zaitsev. infantry battles would be amazing, cleaning buildings, destroying armoured vehicles or tanks, ruins, smoke,debris and steel everywhere. medics can fetch the wounded back to the hospital, while heavy infantry would try to hold buildings, factories and monuments.

Comment

• Hi Lemi

Y're doing a great work, although i would like to make some comments regarding norrey en bessin and rots.
                    I hope you do not mind and look forward.
                    12ss HJ never had any tiger tank, during the course of these battles, all of the tigers battalions in Normandy were far way.
                    Not until the events around Villers Bocage tigers saw action in normandy.
                    In terms of tanks for the 12ss, from 10 panzers, ~ 4 were phanters the rest of 6, pz4h.
                    For the rest 12ss could count on various types of sdkfz, hummel, wespe, 105/150 mm arty, Nebelwerfer, 88', flak........
                    No stugs were used by the 12ss

Comment

• Hello octyss,you're absolutely right.

Personally, I like the music of German hero in the game and tigers give you an advantage on the field.
                      The maps - Abbey Ardenne,Norrey en Bessin-ur.mis.,Rots and Rots-tlb are real but game play not, due to lack of information about what and how the fight took place on the field and the division did not have all the resources available at the same time.
                      I must also take into account large limitations of editor and game, so I let my imagination run to my will and create missions of "what would be, if it would be".
                      I hope you do not mind.

Regards
                      Lemi
                      Last edited by Lemi; 06-04-2013, 19:11. Reason: delete picture

Comment

• Hi Lemi

I hope you haven't misunderstood what i wanted to say.

I didn't say to restore the battle as it was in history.
                        Surely the tiger gives a huge advantage, i don't deny this.

Why you didn't you use the king tiger? or the pz1 ? pz4g ?
                        I think the proportions and type of units used in battle may be kept, if the editor can provide this.
                        Otherwise, i don't understand why to use a historical units, names, perform a historical map, and use historical events.

Comment

• Originally posted by octyss View Post

Why you didn't you use the king tiger? or the pz1 ? pz4g ?
                          I think the proportions and type of units used in battle may be kept, if the editor can provide this.
                          Otherwise, i don't understand why to use a historical units, names, perform a historical map, and use historical events.
                          Hello octyss,

-King tiger I will use later, Pz.1,2,3,4F,G I will use in Stalingrad missions.
                          -YES, editor can provide proportions and type of almost every units used in battle but players do not care about it.
                          -For example,in Norrey were involved 1 and 4 company - panters and 25.regiment infanrty, I am, instead of using only the Panthers, I introduced the use of other tanks, including the Sd.kfz250,StugIII and tiger. I think it's better for the game.
                          StugIII I use because I do not have jagdpanzer IV L/48.

Did you notice something about StugIII ?

-I use historical units,names,maps and events because I think it's so much more interesting and better for the game.

What would you like to see more in Norrey mission, for example:

1. 4 DMS panzeraIV with the 1 skins and same shields or my 4 panzerIV with 2 skins and 4 different shields ?
                          2. Soldiers with 3 DMS skins and words rifleman,smg.... or my 14 skins and words scutze,fahrer,sturmman....
                          3. Fictional map or map that actually exists and where the fighting was going.
                          4. Static start the game or start the game with a dynamic video with some of the events on the map, like animations of prisoners?
                          5. Did you want to see train comming or nothing ?
                          Train was wish from our member kiffkopp, and I fulfill that wish.
                          6. 1 environmet or 3 different time of day ?
                          7. So on....

You know my answer to these questions, so it's one of the main reasons why I use historical units,names,maps.

If you have any suggestions what would you like to see in update of Abbey Ardenne or Italians in Stalingrad, please feel free to say and I'll do my best to meet you. Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards
                          Lemi

Comment

• Men of War squad assault is LEMI.

Comment

• Thank you very much kargan71

-If I have non ears, my smile will be around my head.

-I and other moders are doing our best for long life MOWAS.

All the best
                              Lemi

Comment

• Hi Lemi

If there are any chances to get new missions or updated mission for easter? .if you can in the future to think about doing a mission about the last German victory in Luban (Lauban) Include links here-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL3CNkGf9kU
                                http://www.lubanski.eu/wp-content/up...02/Lauban3.jpg
                                and let me know what do you think about this idea.

Regards
                                Miroadolf

Comment

Working...
                                X