• Show
Clear All

• Neverending Battles

Neverending Battles of World War Two

Version 2.3 is released 2012-06-04
    Version 2.2 is released 2012-03-27
    Version 2.1 is released 2012-02-25!
    Version 2.0 is released 2012-02-23

A survival skrimish mod with new maps and a complex script that will give you a new experience every time you play.

Made by Ozka (maps and script) (ingame nick Ozka420), with help from fastLegz (maps).

Also big thanks to all the testers and the makers of the Mortar mod and BS3 ATG.
    Testers: Knegrow (lunarskiit), DJSatane, Timmyvos, Utbildadninja, Kommando, the Soldier, gamerliker.

Read the changelog.txt for a more detailed list of changes.

Features:

- 9 maps in total to play on!
    - Choose your nation, and the enemy nation ingame.
    - Or press start directly and play with the default nations for the map.
    - New units, mines and equipment to play with.

- Each Nation has certain bonuses to give each of em a different gameplay.

- Survive for 50 minutes to complete the win. Then keep playing until you loose, set a new highscore each time!
    - Build your defences and buy troops to hold against the waves
    - Enemy sends a big wave of troops every now and then depending on difficulty
    - The enemy wave consists of a random company. So you never know what to expect.
    - A radio station that has to be in your control in order to buy troops
    - A resupply script too minimize the microing when you have to resupply your soldiers.
    - A script that gives you random troops or resources every now and then.
    - A rather complex difficulty system, if too hard try on an easier setting.
    - Fully COOP supported
    - Enemy gains in strength whenever you loose ground.
    - Three defensive lines to defend, if you lose the last you lose the game.
    - INTENSE AND UNFORGIVING GAMEPLAY!

Planned Features:

- "Lite" version with one third the units in play and only one defensive position to defend.
    - "Medium" version with half the units in play and only two defensive lines to defend.
    - Special pacific maps featuring Japan
    - More maps! Thanks to our pro-mapper fastlegz, A neverending stream of maps is ensured! Every 0.1 patch features new maps and every 1.0 update features major gameplay changes.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Important information! Important information!

When playing online (COOP) please read the follow text.

Due to alot of entities and objects for the game engine to load it is best to put your texture settings to medium or high (if you have a good PC). Also anti-aliasing will be a memory killer. Best left turned off.

This mostly regards when playing online due to the more stress the PC handles.

Ultra textures will most likely crash the game while loading the mission. This is due to all the units that have to present for the nation select script. This puts an enormous pressure on the game engine when loading the mission.
    Remember, if crashing. Turn down your graphic settings.

Other known problems are that whenever two players press the same menu button at the same time, it is possible that two menus show (for example both infantry and armor menu) . Then the back button is not visible and not possible to go back.. avoid this by designating a player to be the buyer.

Installation Instructions

If you have a previous version of Neverending Battles unactivate and remove all the mod folders before installing a new version!

Put all the folders from the .rar file to your mods folder inside your Men of War Assault Squad folder.

example, E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\men of war assault squad\mods

Then start the game and load the mods in Options, mods. You must Activate the neededfiles mod!
    If you wish to play singleplayer, load only one of the mission mods (neverbattle 1-7) and pick it in the Skirmish menu. If you wish to play online, load all of the mission mods (neverbattle1-7) and when hosting simply choose the mission in the Skirmish tab.
    You must always have the neededfiles activated to play Neverending Battles!

To uninstall/upgrade simply unactivate them in the Options, mods panel.
    And then delete the mods from the mods folder.

Please comment on the mod and help me balance and develop this more to your liking at these sites.

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/sho...ending-Battles

http://www.moddb.com/mods/neverending-battles

------------------------------------------------------

Version 2.0 is now released! 4 New maps and a nation select script which will blow your minds , grab it while its hot!! Finally...

Version 2.0 has gone through alot of work and old maps and the new ones have been stripped off details to ensure a smoother gameplay. Neverending Battles is now more lag free than ever!

Version 2.1 has been released, get it from moddb. Unactivate and delete all old files before installing. This version fixes all bugs reported by players so far.!

Version 2.2 has been released. New mines and equipment changes, much more units available and every nation have gone through major reworks in the price balancing to give each nation their own play styles (bonuses).

Version 2.3 has been released, fixing the reinforcement menu and some minor map/gameplay fixes bugs.
    Last edited by ozka420; 05-06-2012, 09:40.

me and ozka working on map together now for this mod probably be finished around xmass depends how fast we map !

Comment

nice, if you need help PM, and i have this large map 1500x1500, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TJT4HWKR for make a ultra large skirmish map or anything

Comment

I will take a look at the map if its made like a frontline/skirmish with defensive positions i will put the script on it and release it

Comment

nice!, i want see my map with your great scripts

Comment

Originally posted by ozka420 View Post
            - INTENSE AND UNFORGIVING GAMEPLAY!
            Great missions as usual, but they have a real problem with snowballing. If they brake through the first line(wich theyll eventually do), its just impossible to take it back. The lack of resources and the constant enemy unit spam will make sure that you can just defend for a while, but there is no chance of regaining ground, is just not possible. What is on the other hand is that you probably wont have enough forces in the second line to hold off the even bigger offensive the enemy spams at you.(We just lost everything in line 1 and suddenly a King Tiger and 6 Panthers jump on us with supporting PzIIs on normal difficulty, we waste all resources on anti tank and kick the felines butt, but then the neverending(hehe) inf spam cuts down the MGs and swarms the second line, oh come on)
            I had the pleasure of trying the missions with a rowdy group of skirmish nuts(Men of War: Heroic Club), but with even their expertise we got totally destroyed before time. I shudder to think what would have happened with a pickup group.

But as i said, great work, thank you for your effort.
            Last edited by tanksnotdead; 01-12-2011, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksnotdead View Post
              Great missions as usual, but they have a real problem with snowballing. If they brake through the first line(wich theyll eventually do), its just impossible to take it back. The lack of resources and the constant enemy unit spam will make sure that you can just defend for a while, but there is no chance of regaining ground, is just not possible. What is on the other hand is that you probably wont have enough forces in the second line to hold off the even bigger offensive the enemy spams at you.(We just lost everything in line 1 and suddenly a King Tiger and 6 Panthers jump on us with supporting PzIIs on normal difficulty, we waste all resources on anti tank and kick the felines butt, but then the neverending(hehe) inf spam cuts down the MGs and swarms the second line, oh come on)
              I had the pleasure of trying the missions with a rowdy group of skirmish nuts(Men of War: Heroic Club), but with even their expertise we got totally destroyed before time. I shudder to think what would have happened with a pickup group.

But as i said, great work, thank you for your effort.
              if you play many times you will find the tricks to get troops to the second line while defending the first line. same with the third line. what i have noticed is that you can stop king tiger and panthers with the heavy flak that the british have, its the only one that can take it out, and spam at pounder guns. the british are very good defending. spam antiaircraft flak and many antitank guns and sure you can stop the german iron monsters. it is very balanced so you need to fix a good strategy against the germans. on the other hand playing as german versus the soviets needs a completly different strategy.

hans

Comment

Hi there tanksnotdead, as hans said. You'll eventually find the tricks to prepare the next line before they assault it. Engineers with mines and AT obstacles are also very good for creating paths for the enemy tanks to travel. And bottle neck their tanks at certain points where you can concentrate your AT fire. But yes, it is hard.

The enemy will send the same amount of troops in their big assault waves on every difficulty, the difficulty adjust when and how often.

Comment

i like the maps, but the reinforcement are bugged, they don't go where you order them, but instead bunch up where they come onto the map, makes it very annoying at times

Comment

I've encounterd a rather large problem .. the script for the nation select is almost done, only have to add USA for the player side. But, now the mission wont start in COOP. The mission plays fine in SP, I suspect GSM has been messing with the datafiles making it desync and crash. I've reinstalled now for the third time and hope it will work..

everytime it crashes it complains about a paradrop.mdl and paradrop.def file ..

this is the error message

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...rrormqrmz.jpg/

i cant find anything in the 0.mi or map file about a paradrop , what is this .mdl tied too?
                    Last edited by ozka420; 03-12-2011, 14:41.

Comment

this is copied from the log file

Starting "single/never/never4:0"
                      [00:01:29] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz4g" su76[9] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:29] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz4g" stug3g[104] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:29] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz4g" pz4h[105] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:29] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz5" pz5g[120] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:29] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz5" jagdpanther[121] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:30] Texmod: invalid "3" for texture "/texture/common/model/all_wheels01" m3_usa[417] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:30] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz4g" stuh42[570] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:30] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz4g" pz4h[572] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:30] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz4g" stug3g[571] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:30] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz5" jagdpanther[573] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:30] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz6o" pz2l[575] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:30] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz5" pz5g[577] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:30] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz4g" pz4g[578] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)
                      [00:01:31] Texmod: invalid "2" for texture "/texture/common/animation/track_pz4g" su76[837] (eskeletontexmod.cpp, 210)

I dont have any of those tanks set to 2 for texmod.

Comment

I don't know, almost all maps and mods (more or less) are working ok for me
                        There could be some "blue" sprites, but then I know my patch or resources are not compatible with that mod - if it's not a game breaker, it could be played, if not, I simply skip it. Only real "problem" are those soldiers that are disappearing after reload. Only way to save them is to board them into some vehicle or gun before save. I also noticed that AI doesn't recognize those units in fights (as they are invisible) most of the time, so it's one kind of cheat (well, enemy soldiers are becoming invisible after reload if they are on the map, so it's some kind of equalization)

On another note, I played couple of this type of "infinite battles" mods and I must say they are great. This gives a new level of strategic value to the game and the whole experience. Gongrats for that! You're becoming really good at this

Things that I would like to see, if there is a way, are some addition to this experience: at this point we are given some time to prepare for an attack. After that, there is only defense (that part is good), but it would be great if we would be able to do some offensive actions on the same map (if there is some enemy fortifications that give us some special units etc.).

And I really hate artillery - it's the main reason why I reload the game (AI is second). It should be some smoke or something, and not that often - it's too devastating especially as enemy is endless.

Ok, that's my 2c and once again, respect for the great work man - this is the only game I play when I have time and that's only because of these great mods.

Comment

Excellent work fellas, these are interesting and challenging maps.

I found a bug, but it's minor. I was playing the Germany Beta Neverending (neverbattle4GER), and got a crash when I tried to move the 88 on the flatbed traincar. I know, I shouldn't have tried...

In the neverending3GER (I have not played the others yet) we have a lot of issues with troops and vehicles piling up near the spawn point. What is the best way to avoid this when setting the rally when ordering troops?

I was also wondering if there was a way to force the game to give ordered units to the person that ordered them, rather than the obnoxious splitting the game does. That would be SO amazing.

Thanks for all your hard work, spectacular job!

Comment

Excellent defence mission !
                            Been playing it since first released.
                            The latest version I have been playing on MoWAS - patch 2.00.11 is Neverendingrevisited.

What computer specs, mainly what CPU processor, do you have,
                            to get perfect gameplay frame rates when there are many enemy on this map?

What computer specs does ozka420 and fastlegs have, seeing they make these mods ?

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...etTrap_01a.jpg

My Pentium 4, 3.00GHz with Hyperthreading, works very good overall with Assault Squad

but with this mod if you setup your defences to trap the advancing Russians
                            then the game starts to slow down because they are ALL wanting my CPU's attention
                            to find a way out.

The mini-map screenshot (from the 1st version of Korsun Pocket) is extreme example,
                            but also only half amount of red dots still can give jerky frame rate when they are trapped.

I think it is known on these forums that MoWAS runs only on one core.
                            It needs to be very fast CPU processor if these traffic jam situations happen.
                            Are processors capable of handling such jams like this ?

My other desktop computer specs - 2g RAM,
                            Graphics card - Nividia GeForce 9500 GT,
                            22 inch 1680x1050 resolution monitor
                            Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card.

I tried also using Game Booster 3 free software but it did not solve to make the game play smooth.

I was thinking maybe new computer - Intel Core i5-2500K overclocked to 4.5Ghz ?

Also about the mission, when you last until end of the clock, do the enemy keep coming ?
                            It would be good if they stopped and then you could go around and clean up the map of tanks etc.
                            Last edited by OVO; 23-02-2012, 04:43.

Comment

Hi, yes the mission is resource heavy for obvious reasons (damn russians everywhere!) :P

I have i5 2500k @ 3,3ghz and 8gb DDR3 RAM, and GeForce 560 Ti OC , although I wish it could ran faster it is defintely playable for me. FPS around 15-20.
                              I dont want too tell you to buy a new PC just to be able to play my mission cause that sucks, but for the moment the mission is resource heavy. The 1.1 version I'm working on will have the same amount of troops and so on cause I'm not doing too many gameplay changes between 1.0 and 1.1. (1.1 is mostly to introduce the nation select script)

But a LITE version maybe would come in handy later on?
                              If people would find it interessting, to either make mini maps for this gamemode (very mini in scale, think tiny missions with neverending battles), or just scale down the amount of units on the regular maps and release it as a LITE ver.

Comment

Working...
                              X